Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Greek Chicken and Pita Casserole.

Y'all know I love some Greek food. Which is why when I came across this recipe, I immediately put in on my meal plan for the week.
 
Greek Chicken and Pita Casserole
Photo and recipe found here.
 
4 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey
3 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (4 cups)
1 10 3/4-ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup 
medium red onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
1/2 cup chicken broth  
1 1/2teaspoons Greek seasoning
2 clove garlic, minced
2 6 -inches pita bread rounds, cut into bite-size wedges
3 medium roma tomatoes, chopped (1 cup)
1 cup crumbled feta cheese (4 ounces)
1/2cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine chicken, zucchini, soup, onion, broth, 1 teaspoon of the Greek seasoning, and the garlic. Transfer mixture to an ungreased 3-quart rectangular baking dish.
 
Coat pita wedges with cooking spray; sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning. Sprinkle pita wedges, tomatoes, cheese, and olives on top of chicken mixture. Bake, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until heated through.
Makes 4 servings.


5 comments :

  1. My sister and I love Greek food! Will have to try this sometime since the FH won't eat zucchini or onions. ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! this looks amazing!
    PS New follower here!
    Stop by some time http://styledlikearockstar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum this looks amazing! My husband would looovvee this. Have you made it yet?

    ReplyDelete