Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Cilantro Lime Dressing.

    We were originally only going to use this dressing on our chickpea salad, but then Cameron had the bright idea to grill some shrimp and use the dressing also as a marinade. The results? Amalzing! I loved the hint of sweetness that the honey added.

1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
 

Place the jalapeno pepper, garlic clove, and ginger into a food processor or blender; pulse until the jalapeno and garlic are finely chopped. Pour in the lime juice, honey, balsamic vinegar, and salt, add the cilantro leaves; pulse a few times to blend. Turn the food processor or blender on, and slowly drizzle in the olive oil until incorporated into the dressing. Season to taste with salt before serving.

9 comments :

  1. YES!!!! That recipe! Bookmarking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Christina-making this ASAP! I love lime and cilantro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Sounds amazing and I might I add your dinner looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm such a big cilantro fan! This looks amazing. That corn salad- yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!!! I'm totally trying these, I freaking love shrimp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum yum yum! This sounds amazing on grilled shrimp!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like I have a weekend project! Is the side a corn salsa?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The perfect summer time meal! Thanks for a great recipe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to try this! Looks so delicious and so summery! :)

    ReplyDelete