Friday, September 16, 2011

First Birchbox + Baby Mama Lunch.

On Tuesday, I received my very first Birchbox! After debating for months about signing up, I finally bit the bullet last month. Last Saturday, I received an email saying that it had shipped! Tuesday after work, voila!, there it was in my mailbox. I immediately ran inside and ripped open the box to see what was inside. Now, I'm not gonna lie. I was a tad disappointed. After seeing what was inside other bloggers' boxes, it wasn't what I expected. Don't get me wrong, there were a few things in the box that I couldn't wait to try, but some of the things I was like "really??" I'm hoping next month's is better (even though this box was supposed to be super awesome because it was their 1 year anniversary box!).



If you are signed up for Birchbox, did you get anything different in your box? What did you think of this month's box?
-----
Yesterday was a very busy and exciting day for me! First of all, I was at the grocery store at 7:45am. On my day off. That is just weird for me. But I can never fall back asleep once Cameron is up and moving and getting ready for work! So I went to the grocery store and did all my boring errands. Went home, attempted to sew curtains for my laundry room with the leftover fabric from my pillows. That was....interesting. Thank goodness my mom still had her instruction booklet for the sewing machine. The sewing machine kept messing up (totally it's fault, not mine), plus I was running out of time so I gave up. Dropped the sewing machine back off at my parents house, along with the curtains so my mom can finish them. :)

For lunch, I met up with Leslie, Becca, and their babies! It was Leslie's 28th birthday so I wanted to get her out of the house and treat her to lunch. All throughout her pregnancy, Leslie could not WAIT to eat sushi again. So that's what we did - ate sushi at Wasabi in Summerville. Just so happens that Becca lives right behind Wasabi so it worked out perfectly!

Davis and Emilee could not have been any cuter or quiet. They were angels. Emilee slept the entire time and Davis woke up hungry about halfway through our lunch. That boy is going to be a soccer player. Mark my words. He kicks so much!

I did not want to leave them and can't wait for my next baby mama date!
Davis, Me, Emilee (They are just 2 weeks apart!)

Birthday Girl (Leslie) & Me

Becca & Me



12 comments :

  1. my box this month was pretty much the same stuff..I'd have to say this was the first one I have been disappointed with..but all my other ones have been awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of Birchbox - but I think I now know what I'm getting my sisters for Christmas! Thanks for sharing! :) Hope you have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look so chic in the pictures! very pretty. I have been debating birch box for a couple months..not sure if I will give in but I love the concept!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been on the fence about joining Birchbox -- will you let us know what you get next month? On one hand, I keep on thinking it's a teeny price for a fun surprise each month, but on the other hand I am trying to watch my spending! It's been a litte OOC recently :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got the same things in my birchbox!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been debating signing up too! I think I might have to though! :) I'm sure next months will be better!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never heard of birchbox before! Thank you for sharing...will you let us know what is in next month's box so I know if it's worth it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. My box was a little different than yours. I got the mascara last month. Instead I guess I got some type of lotion? Ha, can't remember!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't signed myself up yet but I signed my mom and sis in law up for their birthdays and I was so disappointed when theirs came!! I sure hope the next one is better!!! Go COCKS!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely looking into getting a birchbox. Those babies are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Megan - I found this on another blog - looks like maybe her box was different? Maybe the longer you have it the better stuff you get?? I have no clue. She seems to like them though, so hopefully your next one will be a good one. I just signed up!
    http://www.thesmallthingsblog.com/2011/09/september-birchbox.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look gorgeous on your baby mama date--glowing!

    ReplyDelete