Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Weekend.

My Labor Day weekend was mostly filled with that - labor. Not necessarily hard labor, but it was labor. I had the joy of working Saturday and here I am today, at work. It's not very sunny today and I'm getting paid double, so that makes it slightly easier. :)

Saturday after I got off of work, I rushed home to change into more garnet & black, hurried Cameron out the door and we drove to Summerville to take part in my Uncle Jay & Aunt Cindy's first football game at their new house! If you watched the game, you'll understand why I say that the second half was much more rowdy than the first..
Cocky was waiting for us outside when we pulled up!
Everyone loungin' in their own chairs.
Mom and Cameron (notice how neutral he is) in front of the spread of food: Zaxby's mini sandwiches, sausage balls, buffalo chicken dip, fresh fruit, chips & salsa, lemon bars and oatmeal raisin cookies. I left miserably full.
Me and Pops.
   Sunday, my day off, of course turned out to be a nasty, rainy day. Go figure. Went out to Cameron's parents and just lounged around for a few hours. Later that night we went out to Folly Beach to see my Aunt Debbie & Uncle Jerry! They are my only relatives that don't live in Charleston. Instead, they live in Iowa! Haha. It was so good to see them because we only see them about once a year. I brought them some boiled peanuts I picked up on the way, because I KNOW they don't have those in Iowa! We celebrated both of their birthday's (Aunt Debbie's is today and Uncle Jerry's is later this month) with burgers, hot dogs, coleslaw, fruit salad, cake and ice cream! Again, I left miserably full.

Also, today is the anniversary of my Grandaddy Al going to Heaven. Can't believe it's been 15 years! I miss his jokes, love for chocolate and our sailboat rides!



4 comments :

  1. It looks like so much fun (and those chairs look tres comfy!!) It is so good to be able to reminisce on a loved one instead of getting upset..it makes the memories so much more special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like y'all had so much fun! How nice that you had your own chairs to watch the game on a big screen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky ya'll, pulling for USC! We were the Pirates fans at the game that left before the end of the 4th quarter with sad faces on! :)

    ReplyDelete