Monday, April 18, 2011

Productive Weekend.

Warning - There will be more writing than pics in this post. I apologize in advance.

Friday night we went to Cameron's cousin's 40th birthday party on Johns Island. Left around 9:30pm to go get ready for my "moving sale" (classier name than yard sale) that my old roommate, my mom and I were having the next morning at the house that I haven't lived at, but have been paying for, for the past 5 months. 

Saturday - After only about 5 hours of sleep, it was time to get up and get ready for the sale! We were worried about the storms that were supposedly coming in, so we set up mostly everything inside the garage. All in all, it was a success! Made a good bit of money that will be used during Katie's bach weeked in two weeks! Woohoo! The rest of the stuff we didn't sell was either donated to Goodwill or given to our neighbors who are trying to raise money for their mission trip to Guatemala! 

Went home and took about a 3 hour nap, then (FINALLY) put the first coat of polyurethane on my kitchen table that I've been working on for oh....almost 3 months. Then that night, we met some friends at California Dreaming for dinner and drinks!

Sunday - Made a quick Publix and Walmart run to hit up their sales. Went to Fat Hen for Shelby's birthday brunch (I got the eggs benedict and Cameron got some chipotle pulled chicken sandwich with blue cheese coleslaw on it). Then we took the boat out to the sandbar to meet up with some friends. Brady even got to come! He had a great time chasing the boats back and forth as they'd drive past the sandbar and he is SUPER sore today.



On a sad note - USC's former President, President Sorenson, suddenly passed away at the age of 72 on Sunday. He was the President all 4.5 years that I attended USC and while I never got the chance to actually meet him, he seemed like a pretty cool guy and did a lot for our college. 

On a HAPPY note - USC's baseball team beat the #1 team,Vanderbilt, yesterday and we are now #1 in the SEC!! Go Gamecocks!!

10 comments :

  1. sounds like a productive and fun weekend! i'm so jealous of how often you get the chance to get out on the boat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a fun weekend! Sunday was a great day to be out on a boat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealous of your wonderful boat day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i had no idea president sorensen passed away. how sad. he was there the majority of the time i was in school too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just about to comment that you had a very productive weekend, and I saw that was your title of the post. And, I just sent a reply to your comment on my post and that got me craving fried pickles. Oh man!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had been half this productive this past weekend! and SUPER jealous of boat day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww the pup on the boat is the cuuutest! We can't wait to talk Wilson out this summer...hopefully he'll like it as much as Brady does!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I met Pres. Sorenson a few times. Had my picture taken with him too :) And your SISTER was at the game on Sunday!! Woo!! GO COCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so sad about dr. sorenson :(

    BUT sounds like you had a great weekend...i kind of already knew what you did because i stalk you on FB all the time! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brady looks so cute in the boat! I know he had a blastttt

    ReplyDelete