Monday, April 4, 2011

Back Breaking Weekend

This weekend was all about yard work. Back in February, my Uncle Jay was kind enough to provide us with the hook up on plants. I'm talking Cameron's bed of his truck was full, the trailer behind his truck was full, the back seat of his truck was full, I held a plant in my lap, and Uncle Jay filled his SUV with plants, too. They sat and sat in our back yard until the weather got warmer and we could actually plant them all. Last weekend Cameron borrowed a tiller and tilled every area that plants were going to go. This weekend was all about putting those babies in the ground.

I never knew how much hard work went in to landscaping! Both yesterday morning and this morning, it hurt to walk. I honestly considered calling in to work today, but then realized all I do at work is sit in front of a computer so I decided to suck it up.

These pictures really do not do the yard justice. Some of the plants are hard to see, too, because they're so small right now.

BEFORE - The day he closed on the house.
  
AFTER (also after the sprinkler, which is why the house looks two-toned)

BEFORE - back of the house


AFTER - Hi Brady.



#1 on "The List" is officially crossed out!

16 comments :

  1. Yay! That's exciting! Landscaping is hard work, but it feels great when it's finished and the yard looks so pretty! It looks really great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! That is a ton of progress. It looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks amazing! umm, yeah...super hard work. in my book, that's a "boy" job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks awesome!! y'all def did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. o wow! you guys made a LOT of progress! it looks great! :) xoxo jcd :: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  6. dude, you ain't kidding, yard work ain't no joke... I picked up like 7 bags of leaves off of my patio a few weeks ago and I was sooo sore. and I know that is easy compared to most yard work...ha It looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks wonderful! I love Brady peeking through the door.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...great work! I know how tedious that can be! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks a ton better! Love the progress pics! You guys must be super proud of yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks great! Want to do mine now? ha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks awesome Megan. PS I love how Brady Boy just appears in those after shots, like he helped!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW o WOW! What an amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete