Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Baker Wedding: The Ceremony.

Our ceremony was at the same site as the reception. I wanted the décor to be simple and pretty. Our officiant was amazing, keeping the ceremony somewhat short and lighthearted. Cameron and I both messed up the words on our vows at some point and he would say "that'll work" in a joking tone. Everyone really enjoyed him and he helped ease all of the nervousness and anxiousness.
 
 
We hired an acoustic guitarist named Chris Teves to play our ceremony music.
 
The grandparents and parents walked down the aisle to "Spring from The Four Seasons."
 
I love this picture.


 
Cameron's parents

My parents

 
Wedding party walked down to "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring"


 
The thought in my mind in this picture: Holy crap, that's a lot of people looking at me!
 
In the video, it looks like I'm dragging my dad down the aisle, kind of like it does here. I guess I was just really excited to get the show on the road!

 
I walked down the aisle to "Canon in D." This song always made me think of a bride walking towards her groom, so it was an easy choice.




 
 My mom using the hanky I gave her. :)

One of my favorite people, and good friend, Savannah, read the scripture. We chose Philippians 2:1-5




 
We walked back down the aisle as husband and wife to "Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee."
The fact that this song from Sister Act gets me so pumped up may have been a factor in that decision. :)

 
Lots of happy hugs.


 
Signing the documents to make it official.

9 comments :

  1. Yalls wedding was gorgeous!! John and I walked out that also and our choir used hand bells! Such a cheerful song to leave the ceremony!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and so special! Simple is always the best, right?

    And...kindred spirit alert. Joyful Joyful from Sister Act II....I know every word. Even the rap part. You down with G-O-D, yeah you know me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo pretty! I love your choice of bridesmaids dresses and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all the pictures especially the last one! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous! The ceremony setting is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photographer did such an amazing job of capuring both the joy and the love on your big day. You guys are just beaming with excitement! I love it. Such a gorgeous weeding reception!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything was so perfect!! Y'all look so incredibly happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The grandparent picture is so sweet! Gorgeous photos. I love all of the emotions captured.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are gorgeous! Loved the pictures - everything was breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete