Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Best Zoodle Recipe Yet!

Like almost everyone else, I had to buy a spiralizer and find out what the fuss was all about. I tried a few recipes, but the one below will be one that I make over and over again. If making for lunch like I did, don't toss it in the dressing until you're about it eat it. Heating up Greek yogurt in a microwave would just be weird. 

My picture did not turn out nearly as nice as the one on the recipe's website, so I'm going to have to borrow theirs. 

Zucchini Spaghetti, Crispy Prosciutto, and Roasted Cauliflower with Lemon-Parmesan Sauce
Recipe and photo from Inspiralized


2 cups cauliflower florets
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper, to taste
2 garlic cloves
1 large shallot
olive oil cooking spray
4 pieces of prosciutto
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 pinch red pepper flakes
2 medium zucchinis
1 tablespoon minced parsley, to garnish

For the lemon dressing:
1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
1.5 teaspoons lemon juice
1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
1.5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper, to taste


Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
Toss the cauliflower in a medium bowl with the olive oil, garlic powder and season with salt and pepper. Lay the cauliflower out on the prepared baking tray and roast for 20 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork and lightly browned.

While the cauliflower is roasting, combine all of the ingredients for the lemon dressing and set aside. Mince the garlic and shallot and set aside. Spiralize the zucchini, using Blade C and trim the noodles.

Place a large skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Lay in the prosciutto slices and cook for 3-5 minutes or until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.

Allow the skillet to cool down for at least 2 minutes and then place the skillet back over medium heat and add in the olive oil. Once oil heats, add in the garlic, shallots and red pepper flakes. Cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant and then add in the zucchini noodles.
Cook, tossing frequently, for 3-5 minutes or until zucchini noodles are al dente. Add in the cauliflower and crumble the prosciutto over the skillet, with your fingers. Give a toss and then remove from heat and stir in the Greek yogurt mixture. Toss to combine thoroughly and divide into bowls. Sprinkle with parsley, to garnish.

post signature

12 comments :

  1. That looks delicious! I've been on the hunt for the perfect spiralizer and keep seeing recipes that I want to try. I think I just need to buy one, right?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may be the recipe that makes me buy one of those things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. Adding this one to my list of "to try".

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delicious! The spiralizer is bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks super yum! I need to get my tail on the zoodle wagon for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this! Always trying to find new zoodle recipes!
    xo Southern Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! I've been contemplating jumping on the spiralizer train. Think it's worth it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM!! I want to try this asap! I have seen so many zoodle recipes lately, and all the review are so great!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh I don't know how many blog posts I've seen about the spirlizer and the recipes always look so good. I need to join the club and get me one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sauce alone sounds incredible! I've got my zucchini ready to go so I can't wait to zoodle something already.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm also UHBsessed with spiralizing and zoodles! This recipe sounds delish! That sauce is like every flavor I love in one! Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete