Monday, August 18, 2014

A Day Off {Pool, Trader Joe's Trip + Prayer Request}

I just realized that this is my last full week at my current job! Woohoo! Next week I'm only working 3 days and I cannot wait!

Since I'm working an event this upcoming Saturday, I had the day off today. My friend, Katie, met me at my in-laws house so that we could get some sun and catch up on our busy lives. 

We lasted about 3 hours before the heat started getting to us. I headed to Mt. Pleasant for a Trader Joe's trip and figured since I like to see what out people buy, I'd show you what I got! Now this was not a huge haul, as I had just gone to Harris Teeter yesterday, so keep that in mind. 

Ginger Beer - $3.99
Organic Chicken Broth - $1.99
Sparkling Pink Lemonade - Just realized this isn't on my receipt! Woopsie!
White Cheddar Corn Puffs - $1.99
Organic Red & Green Mixed Grapes - $4.49
Pita Chips - $1.99
Shaved Brussels Sprouts - $2.79
White Button Mushrooms - $1.79
Georgia Peaches - $.69 each
Coffee Ice Cream - $3.99
Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas - $1.99
Mediterranean Hummus - $3.99
Carne Asada - $10.94
Mint - $1.69
Chile Verde Chicken Burritos - $2.99
Garlic & Herb Pizza Dough - $1.29

Total after Tax: $49.40

_____________________________________________

Lastly, I have a prayer request for some very close friends of mine. If you've been following for a while, you've heard me mention my friend Tim, who has been battling colon cancer for the past 4 years. Keep in mind, he just turned 31. His wife, Jenny, is one of my sorority sisters. He was admitted to the ICU last Friday due to high fever, trouble breathing, and issues he's been having with his pancreas, and has had plenty of ups and downs since then. They removed him from ICU on Saturday, but he was placed back in there today. He has a million people supporting and praying for him, but he could always use more. 

You can find out more and keep up with his status here on their blog.

We love you, Tim! Keep fighting!


post signature

8 comments :

  1. The white cheddar corn pups are seriously addicting. Have you tried their Chicago popcorn mix yet? SO good! Brian and I have been sending big prayers Tim and Jenny’s way. His mom is Tim’s mom best friend and is keeping us in the loop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending prayers his way! Way yo young to have to go through that :(. I need to get that garlic and herb pizza crust- yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm so many good things at TJ!
    praying for your friend.
    xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so sad about your friend. He's so young!! You got a lot go stuff for $50! We tried that garlic and herb pizza dough before and it didn't cook right. It just stayed gooey. Maybe you'll have better luck!

    Life as I know it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many prayers for Tim and Jenny! Love the TJ picks. What do you use the ginger beer for?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers for your friend :(...... How was the carne asada??]

    ReplyDelete