Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Cameron's 30th Birthday Bash.


Last Friday was Cameron's 30th birthday. Yes, I failed to post one of those sappy birthday posts. Truth is, I had the day off and I was running around town like a crazy person getting errands done. 

Cameron definitely celebrated his 30th birthday right. 

Friday night, his parents took us out to dinner to Magnolia's. We started with the pimento cheese, which was amazing. I ordered the shellfish over grits, which had scallops, shrimp, and lobster over creamy grits topped with lobster sauce and crispy spinach. Sorry for making your mouth water so early in the morning.


Skirt
__________________________________________________
 
Saturday was the big party day! His mom and I had been planning the party for about 2 months, so we were very excited it was finally here. It was not a surprise party, but I left a big detail out when I told him about it - the Baja Burrito food truck! Hiring a food truck was the best idea - they do all of the work! The food was amazing and I heard so many compliments. I got to pick 4 burritos and 4 tacos to put on the menu. Guests got to pick either 1 burrito or 3 tacos. The burritos were HUGE - Cameron's stepdad weighed his and it weighed a pound and a half!


The California was on point with the carne asada, guac, cheese, salsa verde, and french fries all rolled into one massive burrito.

If you've never tried the Kirkland brand margaritas from Costco, please do. I had so many people asking me if I made the margaritas myself. Best part? They're only $10 a handle! 


 
The surprise birthday tiger! (aka Cameron's sister in law, Nancy)


Check out #cameronsbig3oh on Instagram for more pictures.

__________________________________________________

On Sunday, we went to Summerville to celebrate all 5 June birthdays in our family. 
Sister's boyfriend, sister, Cameron, mom,  and Grandaddy Smitty
We stuffed ourselves with blue cheese burgers, pasta salad, homemade peach ice cream, and a burger cake!





Needless to say, my diet started yesterday today.
Hope you had a great birthday, Cameron! 
post signature

22 comments :

  1. love both of your outfits. the cheeseburger cake is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to Cameron! Magnolia's is our favorite Charleston restaurant - jealous. How fun to have a food truck at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope he had a great birthday!! The Food Truck idea is super neat- props to you for thinking of that-I didn't even know you could hire them for parties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That burger cake is amazing!! It looks like you guys did such a good job planning everything, I would have never thought about the food truck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lot of fun! I agree that burger cake is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ordering a food truck is genius! Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the food truck idea!! Glad to know the Costco Margaritas are good. I always seem them every time I go but never know if I should waste my $ or not. That Tiger costume is hilarious! I was wondering that was! Looks like an awesome party and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha this looks like an amazing birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did his birthday right for sure! The food truck idea is genius...did you pay to rent it out? And I wonder if it could work for a family reunion...that way I have to do nothing...other than drinks which are easy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG who made the burger cake? It's adorable! We had such a great time and I'm still dreaming about the steak and fries burrito haha. Y'all nailed this party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Cameron! Love his birthday cake and the food truck is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like A great party and fun weekend! ! I love that truck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like an awesome birthday weekend! Love that you rented a food truck - how fun!

    Paige
    tomatoesforcucumbers.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Talk about a fun birthday party! I love that y’all hired a food truck! Such a good idea and all of the food sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an awesome birthday party! David turns 30 in September, so I'll have to check into the food trucks! You look great! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been dying to have a party with a food truck, so I love hearing that it was a HIT! That pool looks like a BLAST - so many people showed up to celebrate Cameron, you can tell he is very loved!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun birthday weekend!! Kirklands margaritas are the absolute best!!! Good call!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like so much fun! Having a food truck cater is a fantastic idea! Happy birthday, Cameron!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun birthday! I LOVE the idea of hiring a food truck. It takes all the pressure off you. Happy Birthday Cameron!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so late on this but it looks like it was an awesome 30th for Cameron! The good truck is a genius idea

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is an amazing way to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete