Thursday, April 10, 2014

First Anniversary. {Part Two}


Back today for Part Two of our Anniversary Weekend Re-cap!
But first, I just wanted to say a quick  thank you to all of my readers who sent me words of encouragement when I posted about my crappy day a week or so ago, and then again when Cameron's grandmother passed away. I (and Cameron) sincerely appreciate it!
___________________________

Saturday in Hilton Head, there was an 80% chance of rain. We did the normal touristy things like shop at the outlet mall and walk around Harbour Town. We grabbed lunch and a few drinks at The Quarterdeck, while over looking the marina. 
See how gloomy it was?
Once we were done with lunch and shopping, the sun started peeking through the clouds. We went back to our rooms and changed into our bathing suits. It wasn't quite warm enough for the pool, so we settled for the hot tub. 
I hate pruny fingers, so you will rarely see my hands in the water.
 

While we were lounging, we saw a bride and groom taking pictures separately, and then got to peek in on their first look! It was so sweet to watch!

That night, we cleaned up went to dinner at the Chart House. We arrived about an hour before our reservation so that we could sit outside and take advantage of their happy hour menu. I wore the dress that I wore to our rehearsal dinner exactly a year prior to that night.


For dinner, we started with the East Meets West Tuna {zesty tuna tartare drizzled with wasabi cream paired with seared peppered tuna & avocado, with kim chee slaw and plaintain chips}. Apparently we've been loving tuna lately. For entrees, Cameron ordered the Meyer Lemon Grouper and I ordered the Filet with a side of their sizzling mushrooms. Everything was delicious!

My dress was so tight by the end of dinner, that I wanted to go back to the hotel room and change before we went back out to a bar. Well, that turned into changing and just going to the hotel bar, and that turned into changing into our pj's and just watching a movie. Sounds lame probably, but I wouldn't have had it any other way! 

Sunday morning, we checked out and met our friends, Kelly Anne, Tyler, and their adorable baby, Greyson, for brunch at Lowcountry Backyard. It was so great catching up with them and I could just love on Baby Greyson all day! 

Once we made it back to Charleston, we stopped by an oyster roast that was being thrown by a family friend. My parents and Cameron's parents were there also, so afterwards, we invited them back to our house to enjoy some of our anniversary cake with us! We cut the top layer of the cake the night of our wedding, so I just had our cake baker (Cameron's cousin) make us a small 6" cake of our favorite flavor - chocolate cake with Kahlua icing. YUM. Served on our very, very special china.


Gifts wise, in sticking with the first anniversary theme of paper, here is what I gave Cameron:

Masculine Stationery

Ray Lamontagne Concert Tickets

Photo Book from Our First Year of Marriage

I am so bad about holding on to gifts until the actual occasion. I gave him the photo book before we even left to go on our trip, and I let him open the other two gifts about an hour after we got to the hotel! 

So anyway, that's how we spent our first anniversary! 

post signature

21 comments :

  1. Beautiful pictures. That looks like a lovely weekend. I love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You went all out on the gift giving Mrs. Creative! Love that you wore your rehearsal dinner dress to your special dinner. Sounds like yall had the perfect weekend away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That photo book of your first year of marriage is freaking genius. I'm going to have to steal that idea.

    And in all reality, I'll probably have our book of our 1st year of marriage made before I FINALLY get to creating our wedding album. I am SO behind on that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Concert tickets are a great idea for a one year anniversary gift. I bought David stationary as well and I don't think he even knows where it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet!! Love your dress! Looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a perfect anniversary weekend! Cheers to one year!

    Paige
    tomatoesforcucumbers.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chart House is one of my favorites!!!!! Your little cake looks absolutely divine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you wore the dress that you wore to your rehearsal dinner! Im gonna have to remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cake looks and sounds amazing!! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. y'all look so cute. love the dress. i totally thought those plaintain chips were pickles and i got really excited.

    ReplyDelete
  11. When's Ray Lamontagne coming? I love that your china is so special. That's so crazy both of y'all's grandmas had the same china! Just means y'all were meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We got Ray tickets too as a first anniversary gift! Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that dress! Awesome choice! I hope you had a great rest of your vacation :) Following on instagram now!

    madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. y'all are SO cute!!! looks like a great little trip!! we totally rocked movies and a puzzle on our anniversary! shoulda rethought the whole getting married in November thing because our trip options are limited.. WHOOPS!

    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm swooning over that dress! Your weekend sounds perfect! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like the perfect trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love that white dress, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome second part to your anniversary! Love your dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like the perfect getaway...love that you wore your rehearsal dress!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Seriously such a perfect way to spend your first anniversary! Love the dress you wore- how special that you wore it on your rehearsal. All of the food from both posts is making me so hungry!

    ReplyDelete