Friday, April 4, 2014

Friday Five.

My apologies for all of the crickets chirping around here this week. I have had zero motivation to write a blog post and hardly any to even read any. What is up with that??

Let's see what's been making me happy lately..

{one}
Friends 
Last Wednesday I had a pretty crappy day. I got some news that I wasn't expecting (not baby related, but you can probably figure it out), but my sweet friends and husband were there to cheer me up. It was much appreciated and definitely made me feel better. 


{two}
Sweet Kale Vegetable Salad Kit
I picked this up from Costco for our last supper club get together, and it was a hit! I wanted to make the raw brussel sprout salad, but the thought of slicing that many brussel sprouts made me tired. I remembered my friend Caroline telling me about this salad that had all kinds of chopped kale, brussel sprouts, etc with pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries in it, so off I went to track it down. Costco had a huge bag of it for like $5! I also believe you can find a regular size bag of it at Harris Teeter and Publix. Ingredients include broccoli, brussel sprouts, green cabbage, kale, chicory, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, and poppyseed dressing. 


{three}
Gardening
No, we still haven't gotten around to filling up our raised garden bed with top soil thanks to life getting in the way, but in the meantime, I planted some things in containers to get the ball rolling. Can't wait to be eating some fresh veggies straight from our backyard!

{four}
Our Anniversary Weekend
Like I said, I've been super slack around here this week. Promise a post is coming next week about our anniversary weekend in Hilton Head! 


{five}
Maxi Dress
I bought this dress from Old Navy a couple of weeks ago and wore it to dinner last Friday. It is so comfortable and very flattering! Go through Ebates to get 2% cashback, then use the code SAVE20 to save 20%! 


Toodles for now!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

post signature

23 comments :

  1. We love that Costco salad. So good and easy! Sorry to hear you had a bad day :( hope your weekend is better! Love that Old Navy dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were in my neck of the woods, I hope you liked HHI! Hope things are going well regarding comment #1 - not sure what you mean but I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a cute dress. Pretty flowers. That salad sounds delicious.
    Sorry about the crappy Wednesday. This past week has been on my shitlist too. Cheers to a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a husband and friends to make a crappy day better--that always helps!
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the sucky day...at least today is Friday! Love that plate, it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope this weekend makes up for the not-so-good week

    ReplyDelete
  7. That kale salad looks amazing! Gonna have to check it out, kale has been a regular around here the past month or so...can't get enough. Love that little peep plate/dish, so cute. Sorry to hear about the crappy day, hopefully a fabulous weekend will make up for it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love you! Those flowers and dish are adorable. That kale salad is so good. For some reason I have not been in the blogging 'mood' this week either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute is that little peeps dish. Hope all is well now. Happy weekend, pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love when friends can pull through for us when we need them most!! Happy weekend!! Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Flowers always make a bad day better! Happy Friday!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope your weekend is better than this past week! Thank goodness for good friends and sweet husbands! Whoever got you that peeps dish is definitely a keeper - it is adorable!! - M

    ReplyDelete
  13. That salad looks divine!!! Big fan of the dress too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh no! sorry you had a crappy day- but yay for good friends/family who make it better ;) happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to hear about your rough week, I hate anything unexpected. That salad looks amazing, and a great way to get lots of different veggies on the plate.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sending you lots of positive thoughts and prayers friend! I hate shredding brussel sprouts and always buy the bag of pre-shredded ones from Trader Joe’s. It saves so much time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sorry to hear about your rough week- keeping you in my thoughts love! Can't wait to see the post on your anniversary get away! Hope you have a great weekend love!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i hope your weekend is a happy one!! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  19. SHOOT. I have a feeling I know what #1 is. And, just have faith that it happened for a reason. I've been there though, and I know it sucks. Treat yourself this weekend and just indulge in whatever makes you happy. xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope the beautiful weekend makes up for the not so great week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have had a funky week too, you're not alone!! Hope the weekend turns things around (or perhaps next month does if I am guessing correctly) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope you're feeling better from your bad day this week! That maxi looks so cute and comfy

    ReplyDelete