Monday, March 14, 2011

Sunday...Funday?

After the craziness of Celebrate Kiawah (event was a success but atleast 800 people came!), I thought a nice Sunday spent kayaking would be a great way to relax. Little did I know that our "relaxing trip" would turn out to be 8.2 miles roundtrip!

We met Cameron's brother and soon-to-be sister in law at his Aunt & Uncle's house, where the kayaks were located, at about 1:30pm. We loaded up the kayak's and were on our way. We decided to make our way to Stono Cafe for some drinks and appetizers. I knew it would be a little trek, but I didn't know how MUCH of a trek it would be. Once we got to the restaurant at around 3:30pm we ordered some bloody mary's and listened to the live music. It was a beautiful day!

I was a little hesitant to make the long journey back but Cameron wasn't going to let me quit. We passed the time by singing "Row Row Row Your Boat" and goofing off. We made it home around between 6-6:30pm I think. Below is a map of our journey!
All in all, I'm glad we did it! It got us outside to enjoy the day and it was a new experience for the both of us! My arms are sore and and I'm a little sunburnt today (I did put on sunscreen Mom & Dad, I just missed a few spots), but hearing Cameron tell me he was proud of me at the end made it all worth it. :)

15 comments :

  1. aww I love Sunday Fundays! so glad you got to spend some time outdoors and doing something fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive never been on a kayaking trip, i would think it would be lots of fun :) xoxo jcd :: stop by cornflake dreams to enter a personalized print giveaway !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8.2 miles of kayaking is quite an upper body workout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Sunday Funday! I love kayaking, but I never seem to go in a straight line. Yesterday was gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. go you! i don't know if i could make it that far! don't you love sunday fundays??? xx.

    ReplyDelete
  6. holy crap, that is a longgg wayyysss... I wouldn't be able to even pick up a pencil today.. ha

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww, how fun!! i would have died :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you! That is an accomplishment. And quite the upper body workout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely a workout...don't forget to check ouot my giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great fun day! and what a workout.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my!!! 8.2 miles?! I would have DIED! Glad y'all had fun! :)

    xo! Lauren @ tickled.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like fun but 8.2 miles... wowza! Glad you had fun :) I love google earth maps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL! I loved this post. So funny how those kayaking and canoeing deals always seem to end up being way longer and more rigorous than you imagine on the outset! You're thinking, kick back and glide along, a little paddle here and there... but you end up WORKING! So glad you had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. thats awesome! When Christine and I lived on the water we canoed up and down to crabhouse and through the cut, little did we know the tide was going to change and make our trip impossible. We had to get out of the water in someones yard and walk home to get the car and go back to pick up the canoe!

    ReplyDelete