Monday, December 15, 2014

I Love Weekends.

Remember when I used to work nothing but nights and weekends? I do not miss that at all. Because if I was still doing that, I would have missed out on so much fun this weekend!

Friday night, as I mentioned, we went to our supper club's 2nd Annual Tacky Christmas Sweater party. I kind of cheated and did not wear a tacky sweater, but I did wear a tree skirt as an actual skirt! And I wasn't the only one!


Saturday was a gorgeous day in Charleston, so Cameron and I, along with our friends Jen and Joe, grabbed an awesome lunch at The Southern General on Johns Island, then went for a boat ride! For lunch, I had the Cu-Banh Mi and it exceeded expectations, but I definitely want to go back and try the Sesame Shrimp sandwich. 

We rode from Johns Island to the harbor, turned around and picked up some margaritas from the Crab Shack for our ride home. It was the perfect day for a quick booze cruise. 

After we got off the boat, we met my parents and sister at a place called Craft Conundrum in West Ashley. It is a store/bar that sells hundreds of types of bottled craft beer, has 27 different types on tap, and also sells growlers for you to take home with you. Last night they had a food truck outside and a 2-man bluegrass band playing inside, as well.  It was everyone's first time (except for my sister, she's a beer nerd) and we'll definitely be back! 

You can see my favorite beer, Holy City's Pluff Mud Porter, peaking out from behind the Jenga
Sunday was spent on King Street for Second Sunday with Emily, Caroline, and Lane. I love Second Sunday because they block off the streets to cars and there's much more room to walk around and browse the shops. Restaurants even set up tables on the street, which is awesome for people/dog watching. 
I don't know why my hair looks so red in this picture...
Then Cameron finished off the weekend with dinner at his parents house. It's always nice when I don't have to cook! :)

Hope everyone's weekend was just the way they liked it! Whether that be busy of fun events, or nice and relaxed! So tell me, what did you do??

post signature

13 comments :

  1. I'm so happy for you that you don't have to work nights and weekends anymore--I know you missed out on a lot of stuff with friends before, but not anymore!! :) Love your creativity with the tree skirt!
    Glad you had a good weekend--hope your week is just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a beer at Craft Conundrum before. It was a cool place but the location kind of ruins it. Theo's a beer nerd too so he loves those places!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok the beer place sounds like Brian’s dream. Definitely have to take him there next time he’s in town with me! Beautiful boat days are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol i loveee that you wore a tree skirt! :) so fun! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy City Pluff Mud Porter!? That's sounds delicious! I'm one to air on the side of chocolate and vanilla infused beers!! Yum, YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great weekend! I love the tree skirt idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a good weekend. Perk really wants to go to Craft Conundrum-he is also a beer nerd.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband would love that Craft Conundrum place! Sounds like such a fun weekend, perfect for boating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You actually looked so cute at your ugly Xmas sweater party!!!! I may have to steal that idea for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A tree skirt skirt! That's genius! I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your tree skirt! I am definitely doing that next year! Also, your Saturday and Sunday sound amazing. I'm going to have to get your date recommendations for when DG and I come down in the summer! Unrelated, but just saw you're reading Dwelling & Telling! We went to high school together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wearing a Tree Skirt is brilliant!!! I am definitely stealing that for next year. You look great!!!

    ReplyDelete