Monday, December 22, 2014

Glazed Lemon Cookies.

Morning! Cameron and I had a verrrrrry laid back Sunday yesterday and I randomly came across this recipe for Glazed Lemon Cookies while browsing Pinterest from the couch. I had all of the ingredients, so I figured, I haven't baked in a while, why not? Normally my baking skills do not do my last name (Baker) any justice, but these turned out amazing! They were light, the perfect consistency, and just the right amount of lemon flavor. 


Glazed Lemon Cookies
Recipe and photo from Two Peas & Their Pod

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons lemon zest
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

For the glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
4-5 teaspoons fresh lemon juice


1. Preheat the oven to 35o degrees F. Line two baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.

2. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Whisk and set aside.

3. In a small bowl, add granulated sugar and lemon zest. Rub the sugar and lemon zest together with your fingers, until fragrant.

4. Beat butter and sugar/lemon mixture together until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.

5. Slowly beat in flour mixture on low speed until blended. Drop dough by tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Gently flatten dough with the palm of your hand. (I rolled into a ball then flattened, to give them a more even look.)

6. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cookies are just set and slightly golden brown. (Mine only needed to bake for 10 minutes, so check them at the 10 minute mark.) Cool cookies on baking sheet for 2 minutes and transfer to cooking racks. Cool completely.

7. In a medium bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice. Dip each cookie top into the lemon glaze. Let cookies sit until icing has set.

Makes about 3 dozen cookies
post signature

9 comments :

  1. ohh i bet these taste amazing! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look absolutely delicious. I would eat a lot of those right now if they were in front of me. So I'm glad (kinda) that they aren't haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lemon/lime desserts so these would definitely be worth giving a go (although I hate/suck at baking as well!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. these look delicious!!!

    www.itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUMMMY looks so wonderful :)
    Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so beautiful- the icing looks incredibly perfect!

    Sues

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried these on Thanksgiving and they were delicious!! They were the lemon cupcakes but same concept. I love lemon.

    http://the--arnolds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so good! I love a lighter cookie option for the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete