Friday, December 12, 2014

Friday Five. {Playing Catch Up}

Good morning! I noticed that I haven't posted about what's been going on in my life lately, so this Friday Five will be about focused on just that. 

Let's go.

{one}
We changed up Thanksgiving a little bit this year. Usually we drive out to the country to hang with Cameron's extended family, scarf down some food, then high tail it to Summerville to eat another meal with my family. This year, we drove to Summerville about 2 hours before we actually ate so we could spend some quality time with my family, rather than being rushed. 


{two}
The weekend after Thanksgiving, Brady turned 9! I posted this picture to Instagram and I'd be lying if I said I didn't cry right after. I just don't want my baby to get any older!! 


{three}
The same day that Brady turned 9, the Gamecocks ended their five game winning streak against the Tigers. I decided to watch the game with all Gamecock fans, so I made Cameron snap this selfie with me before we parted ways. Oh well, there's always next year, right?!?


{four}
This year we hit up Michael's the day after Thanksgiving because all of their trees were 50% off. We've mentioned the past year or two that we need a tree for all of our miscellaneous ornaments. Our big Christmas tree is filled with gold and white ornaments so the misfits always got hidden in the back. Now they have their own tree to shine one and I love it! Those are the ornaments with the most meaning to them. 


{five}
Tonight is our 2nd Annual Tacky Sweater Christmas Party and it just so happens that today is National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day! Last year's party was hilariously awesome and I can't wait for tonight! 



Have a great weekend!
post signature

17 comments :

  1. Your trees look so pretty!! And love the tacky sweater party idea!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you bought a smaller tree for your eclectic collection of ornaments. I'm real picky about what goes on the tree too, so I may just have to follow in your footsteps and find another tree for them! Have fun with your Christmas party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a great idea to have the smaller tree for all of the miscellaneous (but special) ornaments!
    I get sad every year when it's Cooper's birthday too--you just want them to stay young forever!!
    Glad you had a non-rushed thanksgiving this year! I'm sure it was way better than driving all over the place :)
    Have a great time at your party tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving the idea of a separate tree for the "misfit" ornaments! Hope your party is great tonight and I can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go TIGERS!!! HAHA, sorry chick, I had to. Enjoyed reading today!
    Visiting from the link up!
    Sydney
    http://raisingsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your trees!! So festive and beautiful. have fun at your party tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want a cute little tree for the important ornaments - does it include a cat bubble so it's forever safe? Have fun at your sweater party!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Tree!!!
    Chelsea @ http://thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been saying we need a second tree for all our random ornaments. I'm so glad someone else does that. And I agree, there is always next year. ;(

    ReplyDelete
  10. have fun at the sweater party!! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  11. Found your blog from the link up! Loved your trees and tacky sweater party! :) Have a great wknd!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bailey is so well behaved! I don't think Edward could have sat that long! I understand that it's hard as they start to get older. It's hard to believe time has gone by so quickly and they are not puppies anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tacky Sweater Parties are so fun! We had ours last Friday. I'm so bummed I didn't get more pics but I did include a couple in my 5 on Friday post today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you have a tree for misfit ornaments!! Love ugly sweater parties- have fun !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pup is too cute - especially by the Christmas tree! Happy birthday to him!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. We hosted our 2nd annual tacky sweater party last night too! Love your sweet trees. Such a great idea to have two like that. xo

    ReplyDelete