Monday, March 10, 2014

Weekend in a Nutshell.

This weekend was pretty non-stop, but I was outside in the beautiful sunny 70* weather, so that made it all worth it!

Friday night after work, we ate dinner at the in-laws' house, with my parents also in attendance. Delicious food and a LOT of delicious wine was consumed. I couldn't believe that when we got up from the table to leave it was 11pm! 

On Saturday and Sunday I volunteered for the BB&T Charleston Wine + Food Festival. Saturday I was assigned to the "Virginia is for (Wine + Food) Lovers" event at Zero George. There were four different stations set up between their courtyard, oyster tabby, and open kitchen. Each station had a food and wine pairing, with their chef and wine representative to describe each pairing. It was a great event and everyone really seemed to enjoy themselves. 

That evening, we celebrated Cameron's aunt's 60th birthday! I loved the centerpieces they put together made of blown sea glass, shells, lights, and coral. 

Sunday, before I went off to volunteer again, we attended Lane's dedication! He was perfect (of course) and didn't make a peep the entire time. 



My shift for Sunday at the Wine + Food Festival was at Marion Square (thank goodness - I wanted to be where the action was!). I worked at one of the ticket scanning stations for about an hour, then was rotated to the live grilling demonstration area where the chefs grilled up some venison sausage and skirt steak with chimichurri. Delish! I was able to take about a 20 minute break and they allowed us to go around and sample the food and beverages like a real paying customer! :) 

I came home after my shift and enjoyed the daylight savings sunlight in the backyard with my guys. Cameron had dinner planned (love!) and on the grill, so all I had to do was relax. 


post signature

16 comments :

  1. The Food and Wine Festival sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. Charleston is only 4-6 hours away from us, but I wish it was closer!! Yayyy for grilling!!! eeeeeek loving this weather :) scared to get too happy & comfortable with it though because our luck as of lately it'll disappear! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect lil weekend. That was probably the best way to end it - letting him grill and you chill!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful weekend! My golden loves to sit with his face in the sun just like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next year I will volunteer!! Good idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Volunteering is such a good idea. I want to do it next year! Was this at Seacoast?? That’s my favorite church in CHS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fun festival! and omg 70s?! what beautiful weather! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  8. Food and Wine festival sounds awesome! So does the rest of your weekend (gotta love a hubby who plans and cooks the meal when you need it!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Sunday evening looked a lot like yours! So glad it's warm and sunny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to volunteer next year - that's amazing you got to do so many different things at the festival. Perfect way to end the weekend with Cameron as cook ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like such a fun weekend! Headed to Charleston on Friday for a girls' weekend and I can't wait!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. food festival = awesome sauce!

    PS - i'm hosting a GIVEAWAY .. love for you to stop by and pass the good karma on

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love when my husband takes care of it dinner. I whole heartedly DESPISE it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How do you get to work the Food and Wine festival? Looks like so much fun! Don't forget to invite us over your cookouts in your awesome backyard this summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so fun you got to volunteer at the food and wine festival!!! We had a such a great time in Charleston last weekend, and all those wine events looked so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete