Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: Favorite Wedding Websites.

Although I work in the wedding / event business, and have been a bridesmaid in (27 Dresses status) and attended a large amount of weddings, there are still things I don't know. Lots of things actually.

How should I seat 300 guests at my outdoor ceremony?
Should I do a specialty cocktail?
What percent of my budget should I spend on flowers?

All of the fun stuff that no one thinks about until it's your actual wedding.

So, here is a list of my go-to websites for wedding advice and ideas!
(Click on image to visit website.)


Joelle is an event planner in California and I just recently came across her personal blog. It was perfect timing. She started doing Wedding Wednesday's and her's are basically step by step posts for the entire planning process. If you are recently engaged, I highly suggest you check out her blog!

Lover.ly is basically Pinterest just for weddings. I love it because you can browse through specific categories or colors! I also think it's more up to date and classier than some of the stuff I see on Pinterest.


The ultimate wedding website! My favorite feature they do are the real life weddings and ask the brides (and grooms) a handful of questions about their wedding.
Real weddings, DIY projects and more!


Update: How could I forget my favorite Charleston wedding blog?!?!

Any websites that I'm missing and that are must reads??

9 comments :

  1. These are great websites! I used many of them in the midst of planning my wedding! words of advice: Flowers are extremely expensive. like $10,000 expensive!
    Happy wedding planning! Enjoy every second! It goes by so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent HOURS on the Southern Weddings website. The Wedding Row is all Charleston weddings and that's how I found my photographer. Plus it's fun to see what local people are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, thank you so so so much for the shout out! I feel so honored to be included on this list with so many amazing wedding blogs and websites. Thank you! I always love hearing that people like my wedding series, and this really makes me remember why!

    xoxoxo,
    Joelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this advice! I am definitely going to be using these websites for my own planning purposes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every day at work starts off the same for me: coffee, check email and calendar, check southern wedding magazine's blog, and Green Wedding Shoes blog. You MUST check that last one out and add it to your list!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love southen weddings:))!!! My dream is to be featured in the magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love these websites! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love all of these! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete