Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bathroom Design HELP!

Things are slowwwly but surely coming together with the house. Piece by piece. I realllllly want to post lots of pictures, but am told I should wait until it's a little more put together and we're not sleeping on a mattress on the floor (true story).

Today's topic is the hall bath.

Let me just start by showing you some pics and you'll be able to tell why I'm so lost on what to do. As always, these are crappy Blackberry pics. 

Outside looking in.

Masssssssive counter top!!

Inside looking out.

So, as you can see, that is one long counter top. With only one sink(?). The paint color is Martha Stewart for Sherwin Williams Milk Pail, which is now discontinued. This is the main color in Emily's house so she had some left over that I used to match. Thanks to her for letting me copy! :) The counter top is a gray speckled color. We also plan on adding white bead board to the bottom part of the walls down the road.

Questions:

-Should I paint the cabinets? If so, what color? My original plan was to paint them white, but now I'm scared it would be TOO much white.

-What the heck should I do with all of the counter top space? Like I've mentioned before, I'm a fan of all things nautical so I'd like to incorporate some of that into the bathroom. Any links with cute accessories or ideas would be very helpful!

-For the bath mat & towels, what color should I go for? Once again, I was thinking white, but it's probably overkill. Tan? 

All suggestions are welcome! Thanks for your help!!

6 comments :

  1. Benjamin Moore has a nice color called White Dove...not too bright white and very soft and creamy. When I worked at a design firm we used it for EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Do not be scared to have too much white- it's crisp and clean- perfect for bathroom!

    I want to come see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. white and that color green (?) and a light blue would look pretty. maybe some kind of white,worn, beachy looking wooden framed artwork. if you are going for beachy/nautical-put some sand and shells in a nice clear vase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think painting the cabinets an off white would look great and you can glaze the grooves of the cabinets

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think you can ever have too much white in a bathroom!! I'd definitely say white for the cabinets and maybe a very very light tan for the mats (if you are going nautical!) There is a cute bathroom mat here: http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Anchor-Nautical-Bathroom-Rug-19-x-210/4392764/product.html and a shower curtain to match: http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Nautical-Anchor-Linen-blend-Shower-Curtain/4702485/product.html
    Not sure about the countertop...that really is huge! If you can find a vintage anchor looking thing to put on top of the counter in the corner, that would look good :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. White and Tan color is good choice of color../

    ReplyDelete