Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Tilapia Tacos with Cucumber Relish.

Life has been so crazy and hectic lately, that I've been slacking on my meal planning and totally scrambling to put dinner together every night.  Yesterday, I finally had a free 10 minutes to actually think about what I would be cooking this week. When meal planning, I always try to think about what kind of meat I already have in my freezer and what other ingredients would complement it and come together for a tasty dinner.
 
The first recipe I added to my list was this tilapia taco with cucumber relish recipe. I didn't have to buy a thing for them and they were so easy and quick to make! And after tasting them, they were delicious to top it off! Will definitely be making these again.
 
Here is the recipe, with a few of my tweaks.
 
Tilapia Tacos with Cucumber Relish
Recipe and photo from Real Simple.

 

1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for the grill
4 6-ounce tilapia, halibut, or black bass fillets
1 teaspoon ground coriander
kosher salt and black pepper
6 radishes, sliced (I omitted)
1 cucumber, halved and sliced (I diced)
1 diced tomato
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
8 corn tortillas, warmed
1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1/4 cup sour cream

 

Heat grill to high; oil grill. Season the fish with the coriander, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper (and lime juice) and grill until cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Break into pieces.
In a medium bowl, toss the radishes and cucumber (and tomatoes) with the lime juice, oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve the fish in the tortillas with the cucumber relish, cilantro, sour cream, and lime wedges.
 

post signature

6 comments :

  1. Yum! Meal planning is always such a chore to me! I really need to get better at meal planning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my... my mouth starting watering when I read this! Definitely pinning this... I've been on the search for new tilapia recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I buy frozen tilapia from Costco so this would be easy to make! I love fish tacos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fish tacos are my absolute favorite, but for some reason I've never tried making them at home. That needs to change asap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks yummy and super easy!

    champagneandsuburbs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so going to make these! Yummy!


    XOXO-Bunnie

    http://the2qualleys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete