Monday, January 7, 2013

Relaxing, Yet Productive Weekend.

Ahh one of the last weekends until the wedding where we had nothing scheduled. Those are the best kind of weekends sometimes. 
Saturday I made it to Body Pump in the morning with Emily & Katie. The class was packed! Lots of new years resolutioners I assume. But then again, that class is always packed. After that, I convinced them to go across the street and try on their bridesmaid dresses since they weren't sweaty. :) 
Colors: Topaz (left), Palomino (right)

After that I went home and cleaned the house a little bit, then relaxed on the couch.  
For Christmas, Cameron's aunt and uncle gave everyone Outback Steakhouse giftcards. We didn't have any plans for dinner that night so I sent out a text to Cameron's sister and sisters-in-laws to see if they wanted to all get together for dinner. I don't know how it happened, but surprisingly, everyone was able to make it! It was so fun to hang out with all of my future siblings! :) 
Dress: alice + olivia (similar here), Belt: Lilly Pulitzer
Sunday was another lazy, yet productive day. Lazy because I was in my pj's up until about 4pm, but productive because I was doing laundry, taking down Christmas decorations, meal planning, and doing my "homework" for our first pre-marital counseling tomorrow in said pj's. The house looks so bare now that all of the decorations are gone. :(
Emily made this for me. Now Cameron won't have to keep asking me what's for dinner. But let's be real, he probably still will.

Around 4 or 5, we decided we needed to get out of the house for a bit so we went to Target. I had a gift card from my birthday that I was itching to use. It wasn't hard, obviously. 
-Champion Cardio Tank
-Dove Milk Chocolate Raisins & Peanuts
-John Frieda Conical Curling Wand
-L'Oreal EverPure Sulfate Free Volume Conditioner for Color Treated Hair (recommended by Katie!)
-Caldrea Signature Candle in Water Lily (smells amazing and lasts 50 hours!)

 And then I made a super yummy dinner that I will post the recipe for tomorrow! (If you follow me on Instagram - meganlsmith3 - then you got a sneak peek.)

Have a great week!!


  1. Emily has acquired quite the skills in art design these days ;)

    Only 2 weeks until I get to see you guys!

  2. Your wedding will come so fast!!!

    (Formerly Simply Lowcountry)

  3. Love the bridesmaids dresses!

    I can easily spend way too much time [and money] in Target. Love that curling iron, I made a mental note that I wanted one long ago..


  4. The dresses are so so pretty. I need some of that chocolate!

  5. The dresses are so pretty! They look comfortable and that they flow well. Hi skinny mini in the burgundy dress!

  6. I love finding stuff on clearance at Target!

  7. Love, love, love the dresses! :) I can't wait to see photos of them all together!

    I also really like that calendar idea for meal planning - I desperately need to do something like that. Getting organized is definitely a resolution for me this year.

  8. How gorgeous are those bridesmaids dresses!!! My girls' dresses are almost that exact same color, too!

  9. Have you used the wand yet?? I am itching to buy one!

  10. Gah! I love some Target! I also freaking love Caldrea candles - I even have some of the laundry detergent, but I only use it on our sheets. Ha! I love that you are meal planning, something I have got to start doing. I just hate to actually write cereal on like 3 out of the 7 days! :) xx.