Friday, July 23, 2010

Bird is the Word

Since Sunday I've been dog sitting my friends Caroline & Andy's dog, Birdie, while they are enjoying Edisto Beach with their family. Cute story - They named her Birdie because they got her Masters weekend! :)



One of the rare moments when Birdie was actually laying down

She's a goldendoodle, which I've pretty much been obsessed with for quite some time now. BUT, I feel like a grandmother. Birdie, as you can see, is super cute and cuddly, much like a grandchild I assume would be. But after about 10 minutes of her constantly jumping on me and not listening, I was ready for Andy & Caroline to come home. Visions of waking up at 5am to take Brady, then a small pup, down 3 flights of stairs of my apartment building in college came flashing back and I was reminded that having a 5 year old dog, is not a bad thing at all.


This weekend I have no events going on at work, which means I'm off until Monday! HOLLER!! I wanted to go offshore with Cameron on Saturday but the weather is not cooperating so I think I've convinced him to take his boat to Aquapalooza! He, nor I, do not usually like to go out to Morris when we know there will be a humongous crowd of drunken idiots who don't know how to properly maneuver their boats, but the combination of live music, friends and sunshine will hopefully make the trip worthwhile. No plans other than that!


What are your plans for the weekend??

1 comment :