Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Pimento Cheese Grits for a Crowd.

I shared this recipe about three years ago once I started making them on an annual basis for our Mother's Day brunch, but the recipe I originally posted only made enough grits for a couple of people. I would always have to do the math in my head to figure out how much to make for 10-12 people, so I thought I'd save myself the trouble next year and just document it here!

Pimento Cheese Grits for a Crowd
Serves 10-12 people

2 cups of instant grits
4 cups of heavy cream
4 cups of chicken stock
4 tablespoons of butter
3/4 cup of pimento cheese (or to taste)

In a pot, bring the cream and chicken stock to a boil. Slowly stir in the grits and bring down to medium heat and simmer 5-7 minutes. Melt the butter into the grits. Lastly, add the pimento cheese and whisk until the grits are creamy. Set aside and keep warm.



Original recipe for a smaller serving can be found here.

post signature

4 comments :

  1. I have lived in SC now for two years and have yet to make homemade grits! I think I could definitely handle this recipe and need to give it a try!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Megan,

    Writing to you from the oldest town in Texas, Nacogdoches! We have a couple of Gamecocks here, but mostly we are SFA Lumberjacks, Aggies and Longhorns country!

    We have made your grits at 2 parties since December -- they are THE BOMB! Everybody wants the recipe! We doubled the recipe for our brunch shower and added 2 t. garlic salt and 1 t. pepper. With COVID issues, we have pre-prepared the plates, so that guests can just pick them up and not have to serve from large dishes. Serving the grits in a 5.5 ounce cup with mini spoons (all from Dollar Tree), you can get 45-50 servings out of a doubled recipe - which is a whole box of Quaker instant grits. The cups should be filled a litte more than half way. They are so creamy and flavorful and such a hit in our little Texas. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete