Monday, January 9, 2017

Two Months.

Another month under our belts! While it is definitely not easy (not sure it ever will be), we've all had less meltdowns than month one. That's gotta count for something!




TRAVIS
-At their 2 month checkup, which they were 9 weeks at, Travis weighed 10lbs6oz (25th percentile) and was 21 3/4 inches tall (12th percentile)

-Travis smiled for the first time (non-gas related) on the morning of December 20th while I was talking to him! He smiled at my dad on Christmas Eve, which I'm pretty sure made my dad's life.


REID
-10lbs4oz (25th percentile) and was 21 1/2 inches tall (5th percentile)

-I went dairy and soy free at the recommendation of their pediatrician due to Reid's really bad gas and uncomfortableness. No exercises, gas drops, etc seemed to help, so this was the next step. He is on Enfamil Nutrimigen (dairy free) formula while the dairy completely leaves my "system," which can take approximately 3 weeks. I chose to put him on formula during this time so that my milk would not cause him any further pain in the process. It has made such a difference! He still gets a fussy, like a normal baby would, but doesn't scream like he's in pain and he has had significantly less gas.

-Reid smiled for the first time on Christmas evening despite being really fussy that day! Aunt Kara was the person who was holding him and got him to smile!


BOTH
-Wearing size 1 diapers

-Somewhat in between sizes in pajamas (because that's pretty much all they wear at this point). Mostly wearing 0-3 months, but some NB still fit, depending on the brand.

-Still wake up every 3-4 hours at night. Momma is still tired.

-Although sleepy, morning is my favorite time of day with them! They are both so alert, smiley, and chatty when they wake up and it melts my heart.

WHAT WE WERE UP TO LAST MONTH...

Went to their first birthday party! Jack turned 1 and thoroughly enjoyed his smash cake.

First play date with Holden, who is one week older!

Bundled up and went to my work's Christmas party


Twin lunch at Home Team BBQ with Oliver, Sam, their mom Kaitlin, and my sister


Lots of play time supervised by Gus

Second Sunday downtown Charleston
 Lots of window staring

Their first Christmas!
The boys got me gift cards to Starbucks and a massage!


My 33rd birthday
The boys got me a Keurig! They are really thoughtful with their gifts.





post signature

8 comments :

  1. Such cuties... nothing beats baby smiles! And momma looks like she is getting the hang of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! Sounds like things are going fabulously!!! You look amazing and happy despite I'm sure being tired. You go mama!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so cute all bundled up like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved their little christmas pjs! So glad you're getting smiles and that things are getting better with Reid.
    I know it's not easy, but you sure make it look that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like it's going so well! Glad you figured out Reid's dairy allergy and that cutting it out has made a difference! I remember morning being the best time of day for Oliver when he was a newborn too. Use that massage gift card! I have one I received last Christmas and still haven't used it. So don't be like me, and make time to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like it's going so well! Glad you figured out Reid's dairy allergy and that cutting it out has made a difference! I remember morning being the best time of day for Oliver when he was a newborn too. Use that massage gift card! I have one I received last Christmas and still haven't used it. So don't be like me, and make time to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad that you were able to get some relief for Reid! I hope you enjoy(ed) your massage! And they are seriously so precious! xx, I'm Fixin' To

    ReplyDelete