Friday, March 20, 2015

Friday Five.

Happy Friday, everyone! A little late with my post today, but nonetheless, here it is! 

{one}
Last Sunday we had our monthly supper club at Sally & Taylor's new house! Instead of doing a dinner, we decided to switch it up and do a brunch theme. It was a nice change and we could not have picked a more perfect day for it. Upper 70's and not a cloud in the sky. All of the food was SO good. Bacon, sausage, homemade biscuits, eggs, pimento cheese grits, hash brown casserole, fresh fruit, and salad. 

The awesome cake Lauren made for Kathryn's birthday

After stuffing our faces and taking a tour of Sally & Taylor's gorgeous new home, we all went outside to enjoy the weather for a couple of hours. 



{two}
After searching high and low for the perfect taupe booties, I found them. Introducing Plover by Steve Madden. My only wish is that I would have purchased them months ago!

{three}
A sweet reader named Mary Beth contacted me to see if I could help spread the word about her art. Of course, I said! Her paintings currently include palmetto trees and pineapples, perfect for a nursery, children's room, or beach house! She was also kind enough to donate one of her pineapple paintings to the silent auction that is taking place after the final Brightlife Golf Tournament on April 20th! 

To purchase a piece of Mary Beth's art, you can visit her Etsy store here.



{four}

The kind people at Chewy.com contacted me to see if Brady wanted to sign up for their monthly blogger program. After taking a look around their website to find out what they were all about, I emailed back saying, "yes please!"  Brady is a notorious snack snob, usually turning his nose up at the standard milk bone, so I figured this would be a great way to try out new treats. March's selections consisted of freeze dried treats from the company Orijen

  • Orijen kitchens feature advanced steam-cooking technologies to allow for higher fresh ingredient inclusions. 
  • Over half of the meat arriving to Orijen kitchens are authentically fresh, never frozen. 
  • All of their treats are 100% pure meat, no fillers. 


After consulting with Brady, he chose the black angus beef treats.  


Once he sniffed his new treat, he decided he liked it enough and wanted to show y'all his newest trick so I would let him taste it. Now he gets so excited when he hears me open up the bag!



{five}
My first dress from Sheinside arrived last week and I was very happy with what I found in the box! The material does not feel cheap, it arrived to my house a lot faster than I expected, and the dress fits perfectly!


When I ordered the purple floral dress, it was still during the pre-order period, so I'm still waiting on that to arrive. Can't wait!!

We've got another jam-packed weekend coming up, including a couples shower for our friends Justin and Jenny, and celebrating my grandmother's 80th birthday! My aunt and uncle, who we only get to see once a year, will be in town visiting from Iowa! So excited to see them!!



post signature

11 comments :

  1. I love the concept of supper club. I've been to a few as a guest but really want to join one. I'm a huge brunch fan so your menu sounds delicious!!! And that cake, YUMMY!

    The pattern on that dress is so pretty and unique, perfect for spring. YAY SPRING and warm weather!

    Looks like a fun filled weekend. Have a great day, pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brunch for supper club is a fantastic idea. Sheinside is also on Amazon; saw it just recently and thought of you! Glad to know it worked out. That art is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love her art, so fresh and bright! Mmm pimento cheese grits sound heavenly. I love me some brunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of that food looks so delicious right now. I'm going to check out that site now that you've safely received your clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dog is so cute... I know my pups would love those treats! & I love the idea of having a supper club... trying to get my friends to do one!!

    Have a great weekend :)

    Justine @ Charm City Ciemny's
    www.lifeasabaltimoregirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off – I really wish I was part of supper club, second off – I love that you guys switched and did brunch instead! Looks super delicious… especially the cake! Mary Beth’s art is so beautiful – I especially love the pink and green ones! I love that dress – I want all the floral patterns this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm pimento cheese grits...yes please! Also, love the Steve Madden booties you found!

    Ryan | A Polished Palate

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pimento cheese grits???? You had me at that! Yum!
    So glad that you liked the SheInside dresses--I've not been disappointed with the few that I've gotten. I hope the floral one comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you tell me what sizes you ordered from she inside for those dresses? Also, the free people Emma shift dress is a new arrival on sheinside today! For over 80%off free people price

    ReplyDelete