Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Cucumber Salsa.

Whenever we eat at a sushi restaurant and we're hungry enough for an appetizer, I always order the crab wontons. At Tsunami, they serve it with a cucumber salsa that is so yummy and that's what drew me to this recipe.

Crisp Cucumber Salsa
Recipe and photo found here
Yield 2-1/2 cups

2 cups finely chopped seeded peeled cucumber

1/2 cup finely chopped seeded tomato
1/4 cup chopped red onion
2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
4-1/2 tsp minced fresh cilantro
1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
1/4 c reduced-fat sour cream
1-1/2 tsp lemon juice
1-1/2 tsp lime juice
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp seasoned salt

In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, lime juice, cumin and seasoned salt. Pour over cucumber mixture and toss gently to coat. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.

8 comments :

  1. This sounds amazing!!! Must try asap ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how yummy! I'll definitely be adding this to the week's menu :) Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never noticed that at Tsunami! This looks SO good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM!! I love me some crab wontons. I just discovered that the Cheesecake Factory has the best I've tried so far. This salsa looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks really good, but that is a TON of ingredients! I just want someone to make it for me and I'll be happy to eat it all up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH YUM. Looks deeeeeeeeeeeeelicious. I'm pinning this post ;-)

    ReplyDelete