Friday, November 12, 2010

Five Question Friday! + Weekend Events

So, today started out normal..went to see my friend Kady for a haircut at 10, went across the street to the mall food court to pick up lunch to bring to work,  saw Cameron's sister-in-law, Kara, and talked to her for a bit and then started on my 40 minute trek to work. 

Let me set the scene..the road that takes up the majority of my trip is a two-lane road with lots and lots of trees. Trees that come *this close* to the road and if you're not paying attention, would be very easy to hit. Those trees aren't involved in the story though. Just trying to help you paint a picture in your mind. :) Anyway, the two lane highway eventually turns into a four-lane highway.

So I get about five minutes past the part where it turns into a four-lane highway and all of the sudden I see this guy laying on his back really close to the road next to his bicycle. Then I see a truck pulled over on the side of the road. So I pull over to see if they need help (and I'll admit it, I'm nosy). I didn't know if they guy had fallen off of his bike or what. I get closer and the (older) lady who drove the truck told me to call 911. Apparently, she had hit him with her truck! I don't think it was head on or anything because one of her side mirrors was messed up. He was awake and had scooted away from the road and was sitting up. Was shaking a bit, probably due to the adrenaline....I sure was! Didn't seem to have any major injuries..said his back and wrist hurt. His head was bleeding a bit. I waited until the ambulance came and got him on board. Was told by the EMS guy that since I didn't actually witness it happening I didn't have to stay. So I wrote down my contact information for the lady and told her to call me if she needed anything. 

So, a super scary start to my day. I just hope he's ok and she is ok, as well!


Tomorrow will be spent helping Cameron move the rest of his smaller belongings from his old place to the house! Carpet was installed yesterday and the glass in the master shower, too! It's officially move-in-able. Then, that evening, we'll be going to an engagement party for my friend Kady (yes, hair Kady) and her fiance, Kyle. Yes, the Carolina vs. Florida game will be on the tv. For the record, I was not rude and asked..she brought it up. :)

I used to drive Kyle home from school for a little while in high school and Kady was actually good friends with my sister while they were growing up. Fast forward a few years and I worked with Kady at Outback (side job) where we became close. They're getting married at the Boone Hall Cotton Dock in February, which is one of my favorite venues in Charleston. 

These pics are back in 2008 keep in mind..




 Enough babbling..on to 5QF..


1. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?

That I remember - my friend Leslie slamming my middle finger in a car door in elementary school.

That I don't remember - probably getting a concussion in 2nd grade. I mean, I'm sure it couldn't have felt good if I hit my head so hard that I got a concussion.

2. How much sleep do you get at night?

No matter how much I get, I always feel like it's not enough. I could seriously lay in bed all day...every now and then. I usually go to bed around 10 and wake up around 5:30 or 6:30, depending on what time I have to be at work.

3. How long did you believe in Santa Claus? How did you find out that he does not exist?

That would be a question for my mom, because I don't remember. Then again, she doesn't have the sharpest memory either. You know it's true, mom. I don't feel like I balled my eyes out or anything when I figured it out.

4. What was the last movie you saw in a theater?

Again, that would be a question for Cameron, because I don't remember...I think it was a funny movie though because I remember us laughing a lot.

5. What do you wear to bed?

Nothing. hahah jk Mom :) T-shirt and pj shorts/pants. Y'know, something realllly sexy like that.




Enjoy the rest of your Friday and weekend! :)

4 comments :

  1. that story is crazy. love the first pic of yall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember when I stopped believing in Santa either... I do remember one of my sister's friend's mom telling Kate that Santa was real. You should have seen my mom!! She 'bout killed that lady, hahaha!! She was only like 5 years old! :-O

    Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woo! go gamecocks tonight! congrats on the win in gainesville!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Santa Clause doesn't exist? I still believe! : )

    ReplyDelete