Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sick Pup

When I picked Brady up from my parents house on Monday (they stayed with them while I was in the mountains) my mom told me he had been acting weird the past few days. Not wanting to get off the bed, and when he did jump off the bed he whined, not wanting to go outside, not eating very much, etc. Just not his happy self.

I didn't think much too much of it, thinking he probably just missed me or was sore from running around with Boomer (parent's dog). Boomer is an extremely hyper Australian Shephard who annoys Brady from the moment he walks in the door.

Tuesday night I went to go take him outside and he whined when he jumped down from the couch. I let him outside and when I went to go let him back inside I didn't see him. He usually sits on the top step, up against the door. Put my shoes on to go look around the yard and I found him sitting on the side of the house, up against the fence. This is VERY odd for Brady because he HATES that tiny yard. 

Cameron's friend, Justin, is a vet so I texted him asking for his advice. Asked me what his symptoms were and told me to call him the next day if  he wasn't getting any better.

Woke up yesterday morning and he wouldn't budge from my bed when it was time to go outside, no matter how hard I pulled or how much I tried to trick him with an imaginary "cookie" in my hand. So I decided to call into work and let them know I wouldn't be coming in because I had to take care of my sick child AKA take Brady to the vet. 

Took Brady in to see Justin after lunch time. I looked up symptoms online and had originally thought that maybe all Brady needed was a big ol' fiber muffin (constipated). After Justin took his temperature (you know where), this was determined to not be the case. He examined Brady and seems to think he may have hurt his back playing rough with Boomer. He also said when dogs get hurt they "freak out" and don't eat as much, want to hide and are lethargic, among other things. He gave me some anti-inflammatory pills to give to Brady for now, hoping those will help. If not, we'll have to do some xrays. Hoping that won't have to happen though. 

This morning, once again, he didn't want to get off the the bed - had to physically pick him up. He whined. Which always breaks my heart. Wouldn't eat his food. Cameron went home for lunch (where Brady was) and when he went to pick up the leash, Brady started shaking like he was scared! And they only way Brady will eat food now is if we mix it with some yogurt. 

What is wrong with my poor buddy?!?! I hope this doesn't last much longer because I hate seeing him in pain! :(

8 comments :

  1. I'm so sorry he is not feeling better yet. I hope my baby didn't hurt your baby. Keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor baby! Hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. poor baby! I hope he feels better soon. It is so sad when the pups don't feel well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww... poor thing. Keep babying him and don't be afraid to take him to the vet again. I want a dog so bad it hurts, but I don't know if I can handle the hard times like these... geez, I probably don't need to have kids. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, poor pup!! Sending positive vibes his way.

    PS- What a handsome dog...I absolutely love him!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a new follower! Hope your pup feels better soon!!

    www.werginznewlyweds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i know, i thought maybe he wouldn't get off my bed b/c maybe i reminded him of you and he wanted to stay away from boomer? but yeah, apparently not. i hope he's doing better

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor thing! I have a golden boy too. They are the best : ) Found your blog through My Switch to Scrubs. Visit me at A Big Little Life

    ReplyDelete