Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Weekend: Baby Shower + Wedding.

This past weekend held two very exciting events, both on Saturday.
 
The day started out with a baby shower for Ashley (Cameron's cousin's wife) and her baby boy, Bowman! The hosts did a great job with all of the details of the shower and the mommy-to-be looked great!

Bought this onesie from Baby Tweets.

 
I scooted out of the shower a little early to head to the next event - Leah & Adam's wedding! The ceremony was held all the way at the end of Folly, where the lighthouse is located. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but neither Cameron nor I, as Charleston natives, have never been to this spot before.
 
It was such an intimate and special ceremony. Everyone gathered around the bride and groom in a circle. No chairs, no microphones, just them, their closest friends and family, surrounded by love and happiness.

Sweet moment during a prayer by her dad. 
 
Funny story about the guy below - he was painting near the ceremony and I mentioned to Cameron that this is a new "thing" at weddings. Artists will come and paint a picture of the ceremony or reception. Well, we were talking to Leah's dad at the reception, the guy came up in our conversation, and her dad said that they didn't hire him - he just happened to be there and painted the ceremony!

The reception was held at Crosby's Dock on Folly and we were welcomed by an awesome sunset. 

Selfie.


Me and the beautiful bride! 

 

post signature

18 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness, I'm just dying over how beautiful and intimate their ceremony was!! And that painting guy - so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a PREFECT Charleston wedding! I love the ceremony spot especially. Unique and so special

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley looks beautiful! Her shower had so many thoughtful touches! I love the monograms everywhere. Excited for them.
    What a gorgeous wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture of the bride with her dad, gorgeous. How cool about the guy painting the reception...must have been meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow I love the bride's dress! So simple yet elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the bride looked GORGEOUS! I love her dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that looks like a perfect wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How awesome that he painted the ceremony! Did he gift it to them as well?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Her dress was gorgeous! I've been to that spot on Folly and it really is a hidden gem. Looks like she picked a great time too with the sun coming down it looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the baby shower cake, and what a beautiful wedding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous location! I swear, I should convince O that we need to move back to the coast...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how intimate this wedding was! She looked absolutely stunning!

    champagneandsuburbs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. aww the anchor theme is SO cute! and i LOVE your friends wedding gown! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute, today is a great idea to do My wedding website to keep in mind always my memories of that day

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a gorgeous and sweet wedding! I love how simple it is and that dress- so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty pictures!! Shaun and I love going down to that spot on Folly, it's one of his fave fishing spots :) What a beautiful spot for a wedding ceremony!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The ceremony looks so beautiful! I love the bride's dress, too!

    ReplyDelete