Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tasty Tuesday - First CSA and Recipe Used!

Apologize for no weekend recap post yet. I'm still exhausted from a super fun weekend in DC!

We received our first bag of CSA veggies last Wednesday and I was very impressed!
Corn, potatoes, green beans, peaches, tomatoes, green pepper, squash, zucchini, jalepenos, green onions and beets (had to text Christina to make sure those were beets!)

I'm so glad we're splitting this small share with Caroline & Andy! We could never eat all of this in one week.

So the first night, I used this recipe for the green beans..

Roasted Parmesan Green Beans

12 oz green beans, trimmed (make sure they are dry)
2 tsp olive oil
kosher salt + fresh cracked pepper to taste
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tbsp shredded parmesan

Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum for easy clean-up.
Lay green beans out on the baking sheet and drizzle oil over them. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder and toss to evenly coat.

Spread them out on the sheet so that they all lay flat and place on the lower third section of your oven. Bake 10 minutes, shake the pan to turn; bake 5 additional minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with grated cheese.



7 comments :

  1. I never thought to add parm to green beans but I will now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I always mean to sign up for a local CSA but then forget before the deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad we're sharing, too! We had the corn and squash and zucchini last night. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those green beans sound good! I hope we get some in our share soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! Those look tasty! All that fresh produce looks wonderful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe that is a half share. Holy veggies! The green beans look awesome. I will have to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delish--parmesan can make make everything better!!

    ReplyDelete