Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tasty Tuesday - Chicken Enchilada Soup

I made this soup on Sunday, after a long day working in the yard. It was super quick and easy! And DELICIOUS.

Found on my friend, Caroline's, blog.

Chicken Enchilada Soup
Serves 6


Ingredients:
1/2 of a deli rotisserie chicken, torn in bite size pieces

3 cups chicken broth, low sodium

1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained

1 (19 oz.) can enchilada sauce (medium or mild...I used medium)

1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes

1 (10 3/4oz) can cream of chicken soup

1/2 cup onion, diced

1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced

1 (10 oz.) packaged frozen corn (I used canned)

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 teaspoon house seasoning (garlic salt, salt, pepper)


Instructions:1. In a large soup pot, saute onion and peppers in oil over medium high heat, until soft--about 5 minutes.

2. Add all other ingredients and mix until well-blended.

3. Let simmer over medium heat for 10-15 minutes.

 
*for thicker soup, make a cornstarch/water paste and stir into soup, adding until you get desired thickness. (I did this.)



8 comments :

  1. yummmm! I want to make this..... like now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep seeing this recipe everywhere. I need to make it, looks easy which is always a plus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummmmmmyyy! perfect for a chilly day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so easy to throw together! I love making soups in the fall-- this one is next up to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just stumbled upon your blog-love it! Looking forward to reading more! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so good! I'm always craving mexican food in South Africa sense it's so hard to come by, but I think I can get all these ingredients!

    Thanks for sharing :)

    xoxo
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete