Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sunday Surprises.

This past Sunday held lots of surprises for me. Scary, exciting and happy surprises!
Scary
I had a work wedding on Sunday night and on my way home I was driving down a really dark four-lane highway at about 12:45am. I see what at first looks like a stick in the road, but as I get closer, realize it's a little alligator, about 2 feet long! It was too late to swerve so I "straddled" it with my car tires but unfortunately the under carriage of my car got ahold of it. RIP lil' baby gator.

Then yesterday morning, as if I didn't feel bad enough for hitting that lil' guy, this BIG guy decided to cross the street right in front of me. Like he was trying to make me feel bad or something.


Exciting!
Right before I left work I checked my Facebook and was surprised to see that my friend, Becca's, water had broken! She was originally set to be induced today, but Baby Davis decided he wanted to come before that! I was very tempted to drive straight to the hospital since it was only five minutes from my house but decided to go home and see them in the morning. Good thing I did because he wasn't born until 7am Monday morning! I met Davis just 5 and a half hours after he was born and he is SO adorable! They were trying to get him to eat for the first time while I was there so I wasn't able to hold him, but once I do, you can be sure there will be pics!

Happy!
While I was at work Cameron texted me saying he had a surprise for me once I got home. Surprises are my FAVORITE, especially when they are from him! I walked in the door and saw this beauty in the living room..
My very own fishing rod! Love the pink accents. :)
Can't wait to catch my first fish with it!

14 comments :

  1. Love your new fishing rod!! So exciting. I can't believe you saw an alligator I would be freaked out! And congrats to your friends, baby Davis is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet baby! That rod is so awesome - love the pink! Just don't catch an alligator! xx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what I would do if I saw an alligator in the road! So scary! And I love your pink fishing rod...so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the fishing rod! such a sweet gift from your guy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know... I keep hearing about gators down here but have yet to see one..and not only did you see one, you ran over it! Lol... sorry, probably not something to laugh at. :-/ But... that big one looked scary - glad you were in your car!

    And I love that your bf got you a fishing rod...it's a gift you know he had the best time picking out for you. Those are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i saw that alligator post on FB - SCARY!!!!

    aww yay for sweet babies and pink fishing rods! i wasnt near my bf when she had her bambino so this is so exciting you get to see this little munchie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I was driving home and came across an alligator I would freak out!!! That's so scary!! However I do love your new fishing rod :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe you hit an alligator and then saw another the next day..spooky!! That baby is so cute--I could squeeze his cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow alligator in the road, never experienced that before, definitely would be scary for me especially at that night of night, yikes! cute baby and enjoy catching your first fish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful! SO happy I stumbled across your blog and found such a lovely site to follow =]

    avoid those alligators!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you live in Florida? I saw a ton of alligators when I was there! That is an adorable baby!

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg!! Alligators crossing the road. I'd be freaked out!!

    Reminds me of a vacation I had down in florida and we went fishing out at this state park area. We started seeing signs that had alligators on them - like 'alligator warning' - needless to say, I was freaked out the entire time!

    xoxo,
    Chrissy
    The Perfect Palette

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a weekend!! look at that precious little babe...i want one :)

    ReplyDelete