Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tasty Tuesday - Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup

Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup

Ingredients:

1 Rotisserie chicken, meat shredded
1 39 oz "box" low sodium chicken broth
1 can creamed corn
1 1/2 cups chopped bell peppers (I used frozen since I was in a hurry)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can navy beans, drained and rinsed
3/4 - 1 jar salsa verde
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cumin
Optional: A dollop of sour cream

Directions:

Throw this ALL into a large pot and let it simmer for about 30 minutes. Or put in a crockpot on low for how ever long you'd like! Really simple!

6 comments :

  1. i love super easy recipes that say "throw all in a pot and let it do it's thing"...can't wait to try, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of our fav go-to recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness I am TOTALLY going to make this! This sounds yummy! Thanks so much! I am staying tuned too for more recipes :) because I can always use some!

    xoxo
    www.stephanieandsuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete